This information pertains to students only. Smith employees can learn more by visiting Human Resources.
COVID-19 protocols are subject to change based on caseloads, research, current data, and government guidelines and recommendations. Smith will continue to examine and adjust protocols based on evolving information.
Masking & Testing
- If you are not feeling well, stay home and take a rapid antigen test.
- Consult the CDC guidelines for up-to-date travel and health guidance.
- Stay up to date with COVID vaccinations, as per CDC COVID-19 vaccine recommendations. You can find a vaccine appointment and more information about COVID vaccines through the vaccine map.
- Students should begin to isolate in place immediately.
- Isolation is required for a minimum of five days, as per CDC isolation recommendations.
- Positive test results should be reported to COVIDcare@smith.edu. A COVID care specialist will return your email and be available to answer any questions you may have.
- Students who test positive for COVID-19 will need to isolate in their assigned rooms. There will be very limited exceptions for students with accommodations or who meet certain eligibility criteria.
- Students may leave their room only to obtain meals and use the restroom.
- Students will “grab and go” from the dining room – must mask to enter and collect meal – and return to their room to eat alone or eat outside at least 6 feet from others.
- Students should mask for 10 days after a positive test, even if symptoms are improving.
- If you have had COVID-19 within the past 90 days, see CDC testing recommendations.
- Wear a mask for 10 days following an exposure.
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Attend classes and activities as long as you are free from symptoms and wearing a mask.
- If you develop symptoms, begin isolating immediately and take a test.
- Per CDC exposure recommendations, take a rapid test on day five after an exposure, or sooner if you develop symptoms.
- Students who test positive after exposure should follow the guidance under “What to do if you test positive for COVID-19.”
- Take a rapid antigen test. If the test is positive, email COVIDCare@smith.edu and follow the guidance under “What to do if you test positive for COVID-19.”
- If your COVID test is negative, stay home until your symptoms are improving and you have been fever-free for 24 hours.
Support for students who are immunocompromised and/or need accommodations for a disability:
- Visit the Office of Disability Services (ODS) to find more information about our services.
- Feel free to contact ODS to discuss options with a team member and to request accommodations.