The world is your classroom. Acquire the knowledge, understanding and skills to be prepared for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world. Since 1925, Smith College has been a pioneer in the field of study abroad, demonstrating that active engagement in the world enhances a liberal arts education.
This is a curated list of important and timely updates. Please refer to the full listing of news and events for study abroad for a comprehensive listing of announcements.
- Gilman Scholarships open in mid-August for applicants whose in-person programs or credit-bearing internships start between December 1, 2023 to October 31, 2024. US citizens who receive the Pell Grant must apply by October 5 to be considered for up to $8,000 in funding. This cycle encompasses programs during the following terms, so email your essays to email@example.com for review by the Study Abroad Coordinator:
- Interterm 2024
- Spring 2024
- Summer 2024
- Fall 2024
- Academic Year 2024-2025
Smith’s Unique Programs
Peer Advisers Fall 2023
- To promote study abroad opportunities that are in keeping with the educational aims of the college.
- To provide program options that offer outstanding academic content, instruction, language learning and cultural immersion opportunities in the host countries.
- To ensure first-rate study abroad opportunities that accommodate a range of disciplines and include diverse regions of the world.
- To integrate study abroad into a student's four-year plan of study to the fullest extent possible.
We are a member of NAFSA: Association of International Educators, the Institute for International Education (IIE), the Association of International Education Administrators (AIEA) and the Forum on Education Abroad.
Standards and Ethics in Study Abroad