The world is your classroom. Acquire the knowledge, understanding and skills to be prepared for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world. Since 1925, Smith College has been a pioneer in the field of study abroad, demonstrating that active engagement in the world enhances a liberal arts education.
This is a curated list of important and timely updates. Please refer to the full listing of news and events for study abroad for a comprehensive listing of announcements.
- Gilman Scholarships are open now through March 7 for applicants whose education abroad programs start between May 1, 2024 to April 30, 2025. U.S. citizens who receive the Pell Grant may be considered for up to $9,000 in funding. This cycle encompasses programs during the following terms, so email your essays to email@example.com for review by the Study Abroad Coordinator:
- Summer 2024
- Fall 2024
- Academic Year 2024–25
- Interterm 2025
- Spring 2025
Smith’s Unique Programs
Identity & Study Abroad
Safety & Security
We advise all students studying abroad to consult the U.S. State Department website on a regular basis. This site includes valuable information about countries throughout the world.
Spring 2024 Peer Advisers
- To promote study abroad opportunities that are in keeping with the educational aims of the college.
- To provide program options that offer outstanding academic content, instruction, language learning and cultural immersion opportunities in the host countries.
- To ensure first-rate study abroad opportunities that accommodate a range of disciplines and include diverse regions of the world.
- To integrate study abroad into a student's four-year plan of study to the fullest extent possible.
We are a member of NAFSA: Association of International Educators, the Institute for International Education (IIE), the Association of International Education Administrators (AIEA) and the Forum on Education Abroad.
Standards and Ethics in Study Abroad