The controller’s office accounts for, reports on and safeguards Smith College’s financial resources in a manner that supports the college’s mission and community. The office manages the functions of payroll; general accounting; tax and financial reporting; endowment, investment, gift and fixed assets accounting; accounts payable; procurement; and student loan management.
- Providing relevant financial information for decision makers validated by independent audit
- Issuing timely and accurate payment to employees, vendors and other service providers of the college
- Improving the business operations of Smith College through enhanced technology and efficient processes
- Enhancing internal operations by the adoption and implementation of best practices, policies and procedures
- Actively promote and monitor compliance with appropriate state and federal financial tax laws and regulations
- Supporting a knowledgeable user community through communication, training, and excellent customer service