Building Your Meal
Menus are posted for seven days from the current date for most of the dining rooms. Some exceptions are kosher meals, halal items, Campus Center Café and gluten items served at Chase, which are not in the system as of yet.
Select the dining room of your choice, the date and the meal to begin building your menu.
- Click on the menu item of your choice.
- Use the drop-down box to select the number of portions and click on “Add to my meal.”
- If you’d like to see the nutrition value before selecting the item, click on the box at the top labeled “Item Nutrition.” This will show you the nutrient value and the ingredient list for the menu item.
All the Extras
As you build your menu don’t forget the condiments, beverages, bread, salad bar items and dressings or any other food items that round out your meal. Find these items in the service unit titled “All the Extras.”
As you add menu items to your meal they will appear on the left side of the web page under “My Meal.”
- To get a total nutrient analysis of your selections, click on the box “Meal Nutrition.”
- To get a breakdown of each menu item, click “Item Nutrition.”
- To remove items from your meal, uncheck the box next to the menu selection. Then return to the menu for additional choices.
You can use NetNutrition to help you manage food allergies while eating in Smith Dining Rooms. However, if you have severe allergies we encourage you to contact the management team at your dining location or email any concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to Screen for Allergies
On the right side of each menu there is a list of allergies to sort by.
- Check the box next to the allergen you want to exclude from your diet. You may choose more than one.
- Click on the box that says “Apply Filters.”
Menu items that contain the allergen you selected will be excluded from the menu list that appears on screen. For example, if you checked eggs, only menu items that are free of eggs would appear on the screen.
Vegetarian and Vegan Screening
Similar to the allergen feature, it is possible to filter the menus based on vegan or vegetarian preferences. You may use these preferences along with allergies. Check both the vegan and vegetarian tabs if you want to see menu items that are vegetarian but may contain milk, eggs, cheese, etc.
If you want to see only food items that are free of animal products, check only the Vegan tab.
Disclaimer: Nutrient information is based on Smith College Dining’s standardized recipes and the product labels of the food purchased. The nutrition analysis is meant to act as a guide and an estimate of the food consumed. The nutrient value of a food may vary due to natural factors such as soil quality and climate. Processing and preparation techniques influence the nutrient value of a food. Manufacturers may change their formulation without our knowledge. Portion sizes may vary influencing the final analysis of a food item.