The Fellowships & Postgraduate Scholarships Program advises Smith students and recent alums who wish to apply for national and international fellowships and scholarships. Our approach—informing, advising, encouraging and working with candidates and their mentors—facilitates your planning of the important next stages in your education, career and life. We seek to enable students and alums to imagine and create pathways that fulfill their passions; fit their educational, career and life goals; and further Smith’s mission of developing engaged global citizens and leaders to address society’s challenges.
Are you a potential applicant? Aspire to pursue the fellowships and scholarships that fit you. Collaborate around the opportunities that suit you and then apply!
The Fellowships Process
Step 1: Consider Fellowships
You’re ready to explore the options and understand requirements.
- Express interest.
- Get feedback on preparedness.
- Build credentials & experience.
- Make connections with faculty, mentors & advisers.
Step 2: Select Fellowships
You have decided to go for it! It’s time to focus.
- Refine choices.
- Identify relevant programs and explore locations.
- Reflect on credentials & experience.
- Consult advisers & start planning.
Step 3: Apply
You’re an active fellowships candidate. What next?
- Understand requirements & selection criteria in detail.
- Gather information & draft key parts of application.
- Talk with advisers & request letters of recommendation.
- Refine, review & submit!