For further exploration of all things Design Thinking, check out these links, tools, and places!
Materials & Supply Sources
Sustainable Materials Resources
- Donghia Healthy Materials Lab Library - Looking for a healthier material or building product? Begin to specify healthier, sustainable, low-carbon choices starting with these examples.
- Mindful Materials Library - Database of common materials audited for their circularity, social impact, human and climate health
- Material Order - Shared source for design material collections
- Material District - The world’s leading network in the field of innovative materials, use this platform to discover new material solutions.
- Institute of Making Materials Library - The Materials Library is a collection of some of the most wondrous materials on earth, it’s a resource, laboratory, studio, and playground for the curious and material-minded to conduct research through truly interdisciplinary inquiry and innovation.
- Cradle to Cradle - Material Health Registry - Cradle to Cradle Certified® is the global standard for products that are safe, circular and responsibly made.
- International EPD Database - The International EPD® System is a global programme for environmental declarations. Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) present transparent, verified and comparable information about the life-cycle environmental impact of products and services.
- EPA Safer Choice Products - Search products that meet the safer choice standard developed by the EPA.
- Origin - A hub of material databases from around the world.
- UT Austin Materials Lab - Extensive database of materials categorized.
- Syntropic Materials Library - Browse through different plant and animal species and the materials they can be processed into.
- Cellulose From Finland Material Library - List of materials made from cellulose.
- Bioplastics cookbook - Recipes to make your own Bio materials.
- RISD’s Nature Lab Bioplastic Guidebook - Intro to Bioplastics – recipes and examples in art/design.